Saturday, October 23, 2010

Here's What I found... that I can breath again and rationalize what the hell I just saw, pondering whether or not I should call the cops and quivering to myself in the corner, I can now think rationally. I suppose it's good if I post my findings here, so if I need something to analyze, it's this.

So I went to my friends house, which is a good hour and a half drive in this little podunk down full of otherwise nice people. My friend moved out about a year ago after he and his dad had one titanic fight (long story short, trips to the ER and Baseball bat wounds to the chest. He comes from a bit of a messed up family), and has since then been living on his own, with some support from his older brother every now and again. He's got houses on either side of him, nice enough people.

I get to the house and I find police tape around the house and it looked like no one was in it. I immediately thought the worst, that his father went off on a drunken bender and came back to finish the job. However, when I talked to the neighbors, I discovered that this had happened almost a week ago and no, no one came to visit him. That got my hopes up. However, they DID hear what sounded like someone shouting back then, but they couldn't get close enough to see what was going on.

I managed to get through the police tape (Oh god, now that I think about it, that was a bad idea, stupid me), and sneak into the house (door was open, thank god), and manage to get myself in.

The place was absolutely TRASHED.

I'm not kidding, it wasn't a big elaborate house, so there wasn't much room for him to go so he mainly stayed in the living room where he had the TV and internet access and game systems. The place was wrecked...I'll try to remember what  remember specifically.

I walk in and the first thing I notice was his TV (Standard thing, about 48 inches I guess) has a massive hole in it, immediately I knw why because there was a baseball bat going through the screen. On the other side was his computer and his hard drive, which looks like he went to town on that first. The hard drive was cracked open and looked like it had been beaten into the ground a few dozen times, and the monitor had another huge hole in it. The light fan he had was smashed too, with only two blades left.

None of the windows were cracked, which was the strangest thing, and there was no blood anywhere. So I guess (not that I know anyhting, Im not a specialist in this sort of thing), but I don't think this was a break in. I didn't want to stay long, lest someone think I'm the guy returning to the scene of the crime, but I did notice three things.

1) His laptop was gone. He never left anywhere without his Laptop and never let anyone outside of him touch it. So unless the police had it, he had it, and that meant he was probably alive somewhere.

2) Camera was gone too. not smashed or anything, he always kept the thing charged off to the side  on his table, cord was gone too. If he IS gone, he probably has it too.

3) Most chilling of all, I saw something on the wall. Something was etched in, probably with his knife that he had. It wasn't an operator symbol, so no leads there (Damn, is it horrible of me to say I wanted it to be?), but it did have some significance somewhere. It said...


Well...looks like I'm taking a trip to the police station tomorrow. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment